Das Modellbau-Forum zum Foo'blog

Dein letzter Besuch: Aktuelle Zeit: 16.01.2018, 20:07

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Neues Thema Antworten 14 Beiträge
Autor Nachricht

Kleinigkeiten neben den Gleisen: Der Nummernstein

Verfasst: 13.03.2010, 17:09 
[E.C.]Foo'bar Administrator Benutzeravatar  
Mit ein paar Dreiecken kann man die Gleise mit schönen Details aufpeppen, die sogar aus der Luft deutlich zu erkennen sind und den sonst eintönigen Gleisstrang etwas Abwechslung verschaffen. Zu diesen Dingen gehört der Nummernstein. Er zeigt in 100-Meter-Schritten die Position auf der Strecke an. Hier ein Bild:

Nummernstein_00.jpg

Die obere Zahl zeigt volle Kilometer an, die untere volle 100 Meter. Es handelt sich im Bild also um den Stein 24,5 km.
 Du musst im Foo'rum angemeldet sein, um die Bilder dieses Beitrags zu sehen.

Beiträge: 2997 | Wohnort: B-Werk Vogelkopf | Registriert: 04.09.2009, 13:28

Re: Kleinigkeiten neben den Gleisen: Der Nummernstein

Verfasst: 13.03.2010, 21:32 
Flight-Sim-Pilot Benutzeravatar  
Zitat von Foo'bar
… der Nummernstein.

Ich kenne die Trümmer unter dem Namen "Hektometer-Stein".
Für längere Srecken gab es noch den Milleniums-Stein.

Verfasst: 13.03.2010, 22:53 
Die DV 843 vom Oktober 1939 kennt nur den Begriff „Nummernstein“. Hektometerstein ist wohl umgangssprachlich, keine Ahnung.

Verfasst: 14.03.2010, 01:36 

Und welcher arme Tropf bei 1C soll die alle platzieren? :blink:

Also nach den letzten Screenshots bin ich doch sehr unschlüsslig ob Oleg überhaupt etwas für solche Details übrig hat.

Verfasst: 14.03.2010, 09:07 
Als Bestandteil der Gleise könnten sie automatisch alle 100 Meter am Gleis platziert werden. IMHO werden die Überlandstrecken als Spline verlegt.

Mit Straßen und Laternenmasten hat man das dort bereits fertig.

Hast Du andere Screenshots gesehen als ich :blink: IMHO ist die Landschaft noch WIP.

:wink:

Verfasst: 14.03.2010, 12:37 

Hello Foo'bar!

Do you think if there is a way for the ballast to change a bit depending where it is used?

SNCF ballast was often in lighter, brownish hues than the one you show (several varieties of stones were used, but maybe not the same as the German ones), and the thickness of ballast is OK for main dual lines, but quite too much for single secondary lines, and real too much for metric (narrw gauge) ones.

I can understand the need to limit varieties (for instance keeping the number of sleepers/km identical everywhere; historically a bit wrong, but acceptable), however the gauge can be easily simulated (making rails closer is not too difficult, I guess) and ballast thickness/colour as well.

Another issue is that many secondary and narrow gauge track went acroos villages, or onto the road: in this case no ballast was visible (road dirt covered it) only the rails themselves, or in case of paved street/roads tramway-type rails were used. This issue also goes for grade crossings.
I agree it represents manual work for the map-maker but fortunately limited to a series of places for each shown line...

I would say that properly showing the rail network is easily as much important as showing properly rivers and their banks. Its importance as communication and logistic system for civilian and military alike, structuring element of the landscape, navigational aid and military target cannot be downplayed...

I do not know either how Oleg intend to tackle the issue of stations and depots especially the large ones like Calais, Boulogne or Bethune? Detailed data is necessary here, does he have it?

JV

Verfasst: 14.03.2010, 13:00 
I understand, could you provide some typical photos?

For metric gauge I doubt that we will have one in near future. Too much things to build complete new from the scratch, engines, wagons, tracks, switches and so on. Lets see i f we can build a basic set after initial release.

Big station areas, yes, I'm also looking forward to get informed by Oleg how to make them ;)

Verfasst: 14.03.2010, 13:51 

As far as the tracks are concerned the work on metric is very limited: tracks can be directly derivated from the main gauge ones by:

decreasing ballast thickness (and making them clearer)
decreasing gauge from 1.435 to 1.0
decreasing length of sleepers in proportion.

That's it!

Switches: their are basically 2 types used in station depots (no complex depots like standard gauge; only shacks and simple buildings, always the same over a single line or group of lines) and 2 others when the narrow gauge was inside the standard on some lengths near certain main stations)

The traction and rolling stock if quite a lot simpler than their standard gauge counterparts can be represented by one loco type one passenger car, one covered car and one flat car and you are done for the full network and none will be the wiser (possibly playing a bit with textures)

but I agree this will be some work.

The real work will be the lines themselves are they were often going across villages they had sometimes strong curvatures as they were following the terrain very closely (no costly structure, no tunnel, at least in Nord and Ouest)...you will see when I am done with the network kmz.
I can send you one line for you to understand, if you like?

What kind of documentation would you like?

JV

Verfasst: 14.03.2010, 14:08 
Zitat von JVM

JV

For the french 1435mm gauge I would need some references for the proper ballast coloring.

Verfasst: 14.03.2010, 22:40 

Zitat von Foo'bar
Zitat von JVM

JV

For the french 1435mm gauge I would need some references for the proper ballast coloring.

I have sent you on the server some extract of the Loco Revue magazine:

file 5: top photo is a service track, bottom photo a secondary SG track: note the ballast is almost flush with terrain

file 6: here the ballast is of a very clear tint but much soiled by coal and oily substances typical of steam; the effect is not as much noticeable on secondary and narrow gauge, traffic and loco "emissions" being lot less

file 7: typical of steam depot: no sleeper or ballast visible onlt coal/oil impregnated terrain

file 8, 9, 10: again note flushness with terrain

file 11: example of other coloration, half soiled

file 12: these photos were taken in Madagascer but are nevertheless very typical of secondary and NG tracks: ballast almost invisible (top) on travel tracks or hidden by earth and grass (bottom) in stations, depot and village crossing sections

"TrainquittantlagaredAmiens.JPG": here you can see a metric track between two SG tracks: not the difference in ballast...

"TEL-Nogent.jpg": typical secondary or NG track

"AUMALE_-_Les_Longuignolles_(Ch_de_fer_d'Amiens_à_Envermeu.jpg" other example of typical NG track: ballast but full of herbs (this is the line in the kmz file)

Train_à_Berck-Plage_1.jpg, Berck-5.jpg: other examples in Berck (also a line in the sector of interest to us): here the ballast is covered by sand in and around the station

The conclusion of the article: ballast color is extremely varied from very light brown to dark grey passing via reddish, greenish, blueish, not accounting for black soiling, green mould etc etc

JV

Verfasst: 15.03.2010, 09:24 
necro Benutzeravatar  
cool, Entfernungssteine. Laut diesen Steinen wird jedes Ziel immer 24.5km entfernt sein, richtig? Der Zug wird niemals ankommen :cry:

Beiträge: 78 | Wohnort: Lipsia | Registriert: 03.01.2010, 18:08

Verfasst: 15.03.2010, 09:41 
Zitat von JVM
I have sent you on the server some extract of the Loco Revue magazine:

Thanks JVM, I will read all today in the afternoon.

Verfasst: 15.03.2010, 09:42 
Zitat von necro
cool, Entfernungssteine. Laut diesen Steinen wird jedes Ziel immer 24.5km entfernt sein, richtig? Der Zug wird niemals ankommen :cry:

Jeder Stein wird natürlich dynamisch beschriftet werden und dementsprechend eine andere Zahl haben ;)

Verfasst: 15.03.2010, 09:56 
Flight-Sim-Pilot Benutzeravatar  
Zitat von necro

Wohl eher anders: Es wird unsre Aufgabe sein (als Piloten ;) ), DASS er ankommt.

Beiträge anzeigen:  Sortiere nach  
Neues Thema Antworten 14 Beiträge

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde