Das Modellbau-Forum zum Foo'blog

Dein letzter Besuch: Aktuelle Zeit: 17.12.2017, 03:05

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Neues Thema Antworten Gehe zu Seite 123456  >> 168 Beiträge
Autor Nachricht

Eisenbahngeschütz K5(E) und Wagen im Geschützzug

Verfasst: 21.01.2010, 07:59 

Hello Foo'bar!

I would like to have your opinion on this subject (and on the questions I asked you by MP on the forum 1C)...I wonder if my e-mail and MP are working properly, it seems I am not able to reach you! ;)

JVM

Re: The K5 and BoB

Verfasst: 21.01.2010, 09:04 
[E.C.]Foo'bar Administrator Benutzeravatar  
Hello JVM,

welcome to Foo'rum! :drink:

I'm so sorry for missing your PM at 1C forums :( The notifier isn't obvious enough to me and that's why I'm missing PMs there regularly.

To reply to your questions:

Oleg never ordered me to build any certain model. All models I've built because I saw a requirement to have them in the game or I've built them because I have the drawings.

I know that having a K(5)E in northern France would be a important and cool thing. However my model isn't finished yet because of lack of some drawings/references of the inner mechanic parts. But my plan is to build a complete set as they are: K(5)E artillery, WR 360 locomotive, Dombunker. A Vögele turn table would really be nice but without drawings I don't see a chance to have that model one day. But I'm shure that a simple track curve would also be fine in the beginning.

As for tunnels and bunkers I don't have any references/photographs. So if you do know anything about them your help would be much appreciated.

At the moment all work on K(5)E have been stopped because of work for french steamer 040D. That one is the one and only french steamer (built by me) we will have in SoW initial release. The artillery stuff have to wait until one of the first patches/add-ons I fear.

AFAIK you're from france? Feel free to switch the Foo'rum GUI to french language, if you already haven't.

Cheers, Foo'bar

Beiträge: 2996 | Wohnort: B-Werk Vogelkopf | Registriert: 04.09.2009, 13:28

Verfasst: 21.01.2010, 13:06 

Hello Foo'bar!

Thanks for your answer!

I will send to you the same file I will also send to Oleg. I was able to get some photos and drawings from various sources which should be enough to make convincing Vögele platforms, and where to set them; I believe I understand the full extent of the additional tracks and platforms in the 1940 deployment zone between Boulogne and Dunkerque. Some parts are still obscure but educated guesses should provide for proper implantation (even 70 years later, it is difficult to hide former railways tracks).
I have also found a K5 dedicated web site which seems to have a lot of info, it would certainly be worthwile contacting the guy when the time comes! I will send the address this evening when back home.
I hope sending the rest of the stuff this coming weekend.

Amically

JVM

Verfasst: 21.01.2010, 13:12 
ok, I will wait patiently :)

The most important K(5)E site should be this one:
http://www.e94114.de/Eisenbahngeschuetze/K5_Leopold.htm

This also is an interesting site in matters of D311 diesel engine and E94 electric engine.

Greetings
Foo'bar

Verfasst: 21.01.2010, 22:42 

Hello Foo'bar!

The site I was referring to is this one:

http://www.one35th.com/model/k5/k5_hist10.htm

A part of this:

- I will send you what I have (including simple drawings of the Vögele platform); for the dom bunkers I think the few photos (old and present day) should help to give a good rendition (they can also be measured on Google Earth: all three of them).

- Vögele the firm still exists:

http://www.voegele.info

Neckarauer Straße 168
68163 Mannheim, Germany
0621 8105-0

They may be of help for data.

- lastly I am worried as I just noticed this evening that I cannot access Oleg's FTP address he gave me 8 months ago (ftp://files.games.1c.ru/oleg/!BoB_map_data)

Do you have a similar issue?

Amically,

JVM

Vogele_Turntable.jpg

Vogele_Turntable_during building.jpg
 Du musst im Foo'rum angemeldet sein, um die Bilder dieses Beitrags zu sehen.

Verfasst: 24.01.2010, 22:32 

Hello Foo'bar!

I do not know if you read my last message just before this one (21/01, 22h42)…

Any way I have uploaded some info for you (same thing I will also send to Oleg). The only thing is I did not have the time to report the tracks and firing points on the Google extracts (I will do it before sending to Oleg). I do not think it would be your primary interest, so here is all I was able to gather...

To retrieve the info go to: http://dl.free.fr/gPa8cnGnk

Download "Eisenbahn_1940_Wissant.rar", no login. Password sent to you via e-mail.

Amically,

JVM

Verfasst: 25.01.2010, 06:55 
Hello JVM,

thank you for the information. I'm sorry for the late answer.
Yes, I know the one35th site and I've already found much interestimng things there.

Do you think, that today Vögele company do have any construction data left from WW2? Well that could be a interesting thing and I will try to get a contact there via email. Thanks for the advice ;)

As for the Maddox FTP: you may alreda have read about they're moving into a new office at the moment. As a matter of that the FTP cannot be reached for a couple of days.

As for the PW: please send me a PM here at Foo'rum because I cannot access my email account from mondays to thursdays because of working in a different city without full internet access.

Greetings
Foo'bar

edit:

downloaded all K(5)E stuff. I'm impressed about all those pictures! Have I your permission to forward the files to MG to discuss what can be done?

Verfasst: 25.01.2010, 12:04 

Yes of course!

Oleg and I have an agreement about material supplied by me staying in MG care (not to be disseminated out of MG) because I try to make something coherent each time using varied sources for which I do not have ownership rights; as long as it is not for public consumption I consider this OK (common sense, I would say).
So please just tell him that this amount of documents is supplied to him via yourself from me under usual rules.
Also tell me when you are done because I will then send the only thing missing which is the report of the various tracks/firing positions dedicated to Eisenbahn artillerie in 1940 (= all of them, basically).
The only one I do not have "precisely" are Dunkerque (but we can make a good educated guess), Ostende (no idea) and the K12 firing platforms/spur at Terlincthun. I have a pretty good idea but the K12 photos do not allow any longer a precise identification, the area having been developped beyond recognition, and the rare visible objects (a hangar, one or two houses...) I cannot find on Google Earth.
We will need to wait for TARA aerial recce availability in this area to be sure.

I would say most of MG work (and yourself's) on this one is to provide the tracks/firing points and ancillary equipment, an ability to camouflage the tracks, the Dom Bunkers and their environment and the Cimenterie de Coquelles which was a large industrial landmark practically alone in the area. The aerial photo and some of the K5 ones will helep enormously there.

I guess th erolling stock can wait for an add-on/patch, but this is only my opinion!

Amically,

JVM

Verfasst: 25.01.2010, 12:43 
Is this you, or dou you know this guy at least?

http://www.one35th.com/model/k5/k5_model13.htm

Verfasst: 25.01.2010, 14:10 

No, sorry, nothing to do with me...I am more into airfields, airplanes and flying, actually!

This little deviation about the EBA is because the tracks were laid down in the immediate vicinity of Audembert airfield I just dealt with for Oleg and one of my info sources on the airfield had a good piece on EBA...and I happen to like trains as well...especially old tracks!

By the way, from the list of references given in the web page you mentioned, I have those in .pdf:

Deutsche Eisenbahn-Geschütze : Gerard Taube (motor Buch Verslag)

German railroad guns in action : sqadron/signal publications armor nr 15

Maybe one or two others, I am not sure.

But the most interesting stuff (as far as K5/K12/Vögele are concerned) is in my envoy, I think...

JVM

Verfasst: 05.02.2010, 20:01 
Do you need FTP server access to upload those? ;)

Verfasst: 05.02.2010, 23:54 

Could be, could be...

Which of the following list would be of interest to you?

Armor Photogallery - German Railway Gun Leopold.pdf

Waffen-Arsenal 016. Deutsche Eisenbahngeschutze.pdf

Waffen-Arsenal Sb 09 - Fernkampfgeschuetze am Kanal.pdf

Osprey - Fortress 041 - The Channel Islands 1941-45.pdf

Osprey - Fortress 037 - D-Day Fortifications In Normandy.pdf

Osprey - Fortress 063 - The Atlantic Wall.pdf

United States Military Railway Service In World War II.pdf

German Railroad Guns in Action.pdf (same as WA 16 but in English; better scan quality)

Railways at The Turn of The Century.pdf

Allied Artillery of World War Two.pdf

Railways and War before 1918.pdf

Die Geschuetze, Ortungs- und Feuerleitgeraete der schweren Flak.pdf

Amically,

JV

Verfasst: 06.02.2010, 00:45 
Flight-Sim-Pilot Benutzeravatar  
I'm also very interested in the followed things.
Best regards
FSP

Zitat von JVM

Amically,
JV

Verfasst: 06.02.2010, 10:15 
Zitat von JVM
Could be, could be...

Which of the following list would be of interest to you?

Waffen-Arsenal 016. Deutsche Eisenbahngeschutze.pdf

Waffen-Arsenal Sb 09 - Fernkampfgeschuetze am Kanal.pdf

Osprey - Fortress 041 - The Channel Islands 1941-45.pdf

Osprey - Fortress 037 - D-Day Fortifications In Normandy.pdf

Osprey - Fortress 063 - The Atlantic Wall.pdf

United States Military Railway Service In World War II.pdf

German Railroad Guns in Action.pdf (same as WA 16 but in English; better scan quality)

Allied Artillery of World War Two.pdf

Die Geschuetze, Ortungs- und Feuerleitgeraete der schweren Flak.pdf

Amically,

JV

Well, first of all the books wich contain stuff about K(5)E, Dombunker and all that ;)

Verfasst: 06.02.2010, 13:07 

To FSP and Foo'bar: your respective files of interest download links are in your MP...

JV

Verfasst: 07.02.2010, 11:30 
JV I've stumbled upon this:

Die Geschütze, Ortungs- und Feuerleitgeräte der schweren Flak.pdf

Does it contain drawings/sketches of the double 12,8 cm Flak 40 (Flakzwilling)? I think this one could be intersting for me when I will proceed with the „Gefechtsturm“.

Verfasst: 07.02.2010, 14:04 

Photos only, and one or two nice sketches of the single 12,8.

JVM

PS1 Would this pdf be interesting?

"Waffen-Arsenal - So15 - Deutsche schwere Flak"
"Waffen-Arsenal Sonderband S-44 - Die Flaktuerme in Berlin, Hamburg und Wien 1940-50"
"Waffen-Arsenal - 167. Deutsche Eisenbahnpioniere bis 1945"

PS2

I forgot to send you this:

"Das Waffen-Arsenal 130 - 500 Jahre deutsche Riesenkanonen.pdf"

Uploading now.

Verfasst: 07.02.2010, 14:10 
Zitat von JVM
PS1 Would this pdf be interesting?

"Waffen-Arsenal - So15 - Deutsche schwere Flak"
"Waffen-Arsenal Sonderband S-44 - Die Flaktuerme in Berlin, Hamburg und Wien 1940-50"
"Waffen-Arsenal - 167. Deutsche Eisenbahnpioniere bis 1945"

Yes, please ;)
Thanks for uploading! :bow:

Verfasst: 07.02.2010, 15:56 

167__Deutsche_Eisenbahnpioniere_bis_1945.pdf

and

Waffen-Arsenal_Sonderband_S-44_-_Die_Flakturme_in_Berlin,_Hamburg_und_Wien_1940-50.pdf

Uploading now.

Waffen-Arsenal - So15 - Deutsche schwere Flak

later in the day or tomorrow.

Verfasst: 13.02.2010, 13:43 
Found a new K5 picture on http://www.v-like-vintage.net

00050430.jpg

Verfasst: 13.02.2010, 14:13 

Zitat von Foo'bar

Nice view of the Vögele platform under an unusual angle...I got several aerial photos of the K5 operational zones near Boulogne...firing positions where not exactly where rumor had them, and the railway architecture was complicated (but a lot of it was probably related to Atlantikwall, so not present during Bob; my photos are from 46 and 49).
This of course does not directly concern you, but should concern Oleg. Firing positions are unmistakable, even as the Vögele platforms had been long gone...

JV

Verfasst: 12.10.2010, 22:38 

Hello Foo'bar!

I have finished my work on K5 and K12 tracks (except Dunkerque area). Just for fun here is the .kmz...Oleg has been informed!

JV

K5-K12 Military tracks 1940.zip

Verfasst: 13.10.2010, 00:43 
Zitat von Foo'bar

00050430.jpg

..hehe, ich sehe Du hast dort noch mehr nützlicheres gfunden...sehr jut. :wink:
Isch hab se aber außer acht gelassen. :B

Bild

Verfasst: 24.10.2010, 16:43 
Zitat von JVM
Hello Foo'bar!

I have finished my work on K5 and K12 tracks (except Dunkerque area). Just for fun here is the .kmz...Oleg has been informed!

JV

K5-K12 Military tracks 1940.zip

Did you get an answer already by him? IMHO this is a masterpiece of work. Well done! How did you get all the information to draw the track lines?

Verfasst: 24.10.2010, 20:24 

He said he did not know if they would have time...This is the only thing I sent to him; I have also sent the full main gauge network (blue and green on the map) and the narrow gauge network (orange on the map), which had been so important for survival during these troubled times (no or very limited fuel for cars, buses etc...coal on the other hand was available).
I join another file: it took me most of my free time of last year to make it, and yet I have not detailed any station or steam depot, but it would be an easy task if asked. I have also done the Calais harbour network ( I for got to indicate the depot, I will together with Dunkerque), and I am working on Dunkerque, which was an extensive one.
As far as I know, concerning the narrow gauge network, this work is unique as no document exist having recorded this info!

I also explained to Oleg that to take advantage of it it would be needed to create a 1 m track type with a lesser sleeper density and size (1250/km is fine, 1,6-7m also), with a very low ballast thickness, and also tracks "rails alone" for both networks, as most often the ballast was next to invisible (especially for narrow gauge, in stations). It would be also useful for service and industrial tracks were ballast was less thick and often covered with whatever soil and grime was close.
The last type which has to be created (again for both networks) and the easiest is the "inverted" rail type intended to cast in concrete or pavement. To be used in most of the harbour zones, in every railway crossing, and each time the track was laid down on the street when crossing towns.

I just hope it will be possible to "improve" the main map if everything is not there at release. Oleg did not seem opposed to idea, but this would be done with their agreement, as it is the MG map!
I have also found an extraordinary photo of three Kz Bruno (E) firing together from the three firing positions within the "Cimenterie de Coquelles" grounds. I have attached it.

280 Kz Bruno (E) on Vögele_platform E725_Cimenterie_Coquelles_3_3_firing together.JPG

Zuletzt geändert von JVM am 24.10.2010, 21:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Verfasst: 24.10.2010, 20:33 
I think we should make a "Leopold" add-on for BoB after release. I'm shure we will get support by Oleg's team. What do you think?

Verfasst: 24.10.2010, 21:14 

I would agree (and participate as much as I can) wholeheartedly: But We have to remember that the military network was attached and also used the main one so the main network has to be done properly at least in some areas (the harbours and their suburbs/industrial zones). If those parts are not good enough, we will have to improve them but within the frame of an add-on, it should be no issue.
And...do not forget the mighty K12 :P :P :P ...it has even special type double track Vögele platforms (shown in the .kmz: its traces are still visible in Terlincthun!)

We will have to talk about this...Do you know if Zorin Has made progress on the 231? I have found a 3 view drawing, but rather crude...photos abound so it should be possible; according to MSTS modellers, most of French rolling stock and steam modelled was after photos and diagrams. No good data seem available; it probably exists but those with access to it (usually SNCF archives) seems to keep that for themselves out of ??? I do not know what reason, I have never seen such a behaviour in aviation world...but I am a naïve person!

JV

Verfasst: 29.10.2010, 09:08 
JV it is hard enough for me to build even a K5. Getting all needed references and sketch drawings is a hard job. Even today I'm missing most drawings of inner hydraulics/mechanics. I've yet not seen any K12 drawings wich would allow to build a proper model.

Zorin told me recently that he hasen't come much to care about the 231, so I doubt that he will finish that model in near time.

Two weeks ago I was asking Oleg about railway issues but I didn't get any answers yet. I think they concentrate on things wich are most important for initioal release and want to add/finish details of less important things (like railway) later.

Verfasst: 29.10.2010, 13:27 

Hello Foo'bar!

I would understand Oleg: to upgrade railways after first release would allow making a far better job of it, especially if third parties like us are allowed to do it.

Concerning K5 doc, I believe the two gentlemen (Greg Heuer and Jan Coen Wijnstok) in the website "One35th" may be willing to help us ("you" would more appropriate as we are talking drawings). I would be willing to participate in purchasing if needed, if only for the sake of my own (historical) satisfaction.

JVM

PS: I suspect we also may have to create steam depots (and "typical" stations) in the proper places; I have no idea what Oleg is integrating at this point.

Re: Dampflokomotive A4 der LNER

Verfasst: 04.09.2011, 22:33 
Hier Peter ;

ab 5:15 min wird es vllt. für Dich interessant sein...

Bild

Beiträge anzeigen:  Sortiere nach  
Neues Thema Antworten Gehe zu Seite 123456  >> 168 Beiträge

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde